Saturday, September 1, 2012

Prologue




~Prologue~
"What a night, huh?"
 
"Yeah… you could say that."
 
"I can't imagine what that poor girl is going to go through. Happiest day of your life and by the end of the night your mom and husband are dead? Ugh. How is she?"
 
"We're going to have to watch her carefully. It's a hurry up and wait situation now. She was a seven on the Glasgow and her CT scan indicated profound swelling. The MRI is ordered and that'll help determine what happens next, but she's lost consciousness. It doesn't look great, that's for sure. "
 
Cooper Trauma Center, Camden, New Jersey
"Is the dad out of surgery yet?"
 
"Not that I know of. He barely made it upstairs; we lost a rhythm twice while we were trying to stabilize him."
 
"The police were still questioning the limo driver last I saw him. I heard him say that he only remembers losing control on the sheet of ice that 95 North turned into after the Chester exit. After that, the meds started to kick in and he was on his way to passing out, so the cops left him alone."
 
"With the extent of injuries we just saw, I can't imagine that anyone is going to be answering questions anytime soon. And that's if any of them live to tell about it."
 
"That's just awful. Well, I'm gonna go get a cup of coffee across the street…can I get you something while I'm over there?"
 
"No, I'm getting ready to take off; looking forward to being able to wake up next to the wifey and little man tomorrow morning."

 
"Of course. Well, drive home safely. If there was ever a night to avoid these icy roads, it's tonight. Take care, Jasper, and if I don't see you before you leave, enjoy your time off with Alice and Tristan."

 
"You too, Jess. Merry Christmas."

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You did such a fantastic job. I can't wait to sit and read it again and look at all the pictures and the recipes!

    Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, bb!!! The musical soundtrack is all thanks to you!! Hope you like it when you're able to check it out later!! xoxo

      Delete